I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Occupy Geriatrics: Seniors in Walkers Shut Down Local Bank of America

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Occupy Geriatrics: Seniors in Walkers Shut Down Local Bank of America

What some healthy and spry Occupy Movements across the nation couldn't quite accomplish, San Francisco geriatrics have!

KCBS reports that a small group of senior citizens between the ages of 69 and 82 successfully shut down a Bank of America in Bernal Heights on Thursday with nothing more than walkers and oxygen tanks. That's right: No shouting, chanting, tear gas, or window-smashing.

The group, which dubbed itself "Wild Old Women" set up camp right outside the BofA, holding signs in what they were calling "a run on the bank."

While the protesters said they had no intention (or oxygen) of storming the bank, as occupiers in other communities have done, officials at Bank of America shut the doors and locked them as they spotted the slow-moving group make its way to the front of the bank.

So the seniors took a seat outside the bank where they explained their demands, which were no different than every other occupiers: They want lower fees, and they want the bank to pay higher taxes and stop the foreclosures.

"We're upset about what the banks are doing, particularly in our neighborhood and neighboring areas, in evicting people and foreclosing on their homes," 80-year-old Tita Caldwell told KCBS reporters. "We're upset because the banks are raising their rates, because it really affects seniors who are on a fixed income."

And that's just no way to spend your Golden Years.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/01/occupy_geriatrics_seniors_in_w.php

chevy#3

pretty much a picture that paints a thousand words......course i can remember my grandparents complaining about the fees etc....my grandpa would get so mad at government issues he'd start cussing in german. Mad

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

neither of my Grandfathers believed in Banks.....couldn't stand owing anybody anything, both grew up in the depression.

chevy#3

basically mine didn't either but alike yours they grew up in the depression too and was real conscious about banks...but can remember in 1963 my grandpa took me to a bank to cash my first check and i'll never forget him telling the teller to give the boy his money in $dollar silver eagles. lol

67 Warrior

67 Warrior

Banks are not my favorite subject, but if not for Dear Barney Frank and friends, we would not be in this mess. Heck yes, homeownership is a great thing, but folks with no social security numbers, false income, no down payment bought homes the could NOT afford the day they moved in and here we are. Blame a lot of folks on this one. I for one am sick and tired of lifting up those able to work and too lazy to do so. I earn every dollar I have (not many anymore), never had a dime given to me and the better for it. Maybe the part of our Country that love the "Bo", and I am sure will reelect him, need to get off their arse and contribute their fare share. There, rant over....67

chevy#3

Barney Fwank and friends could't get away with grand theft like that without the help of associates clearing the way with resume's like McCain's Keating 5 Scandal,where pigs in suits used real-estate scams to rob the savings and loans banks!! Chris Dodd,Phil Gramm,and the likes who sponsored the deregulation bill which opened the door for these fanancial institutional crooks to use dirty mortgages as collateral....tax breaks from Bush to the rich on wall street so they all bought properties that they could't flip fast enough to make a haul. You have such a property of theives in the den of the white house that sometimes i think this is just too damn much for them to get away with at the same time they're getting away with everything!!! When we know banks play "life" with "fake" money with "real" humans...this is bound to be the only affect!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum