I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki meets U.S. delegation and high-level

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki meets U.S. delegation and high-level

01/14/2012 15:16

His Excellency Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki in his office today and the official high-level U.S. delegation led by Assistant Foreign Minister of the United States of America, Mr. William Burns, accompanied by the commander of Central Command, Gen. James Mattis, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, James Jeffrey.

He stressed the need to work faster to apply the terms of the Strategic Framework Agreement and the establishment of bilateral cooperation based on what was drawn by the Convention.

Mr. Prime Minister that Iraq is going through a state-building and the construction of institutions on the basis of the Constitution and we are involved in the mobilization of all efforts to strengthen this trend.

The sovereignty of Iraq's desire to build relations of friendship and cooperation with all countries, especially neighboring countries, but on the basis of mutual respect and non-interference in domestic affairs.

For his part, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. William Burns said the United States wanted to complete the process of building the foundations of the strategic relations between the two countries, which will include aspects of economic and trade cooperation, energy, education, and expressed his country's desire to activate the role of Iraq's regional support opportunities for security and stability in the region and non-interference in domestic affairs.

As was the commander of U.S. Central Command, Gen. James Mattis, the U.S. is ready to equip the Iraqi army and security agencies with the necessary devices and techniques to enhance their capacity in the face of terrorism and security challenges, different, explaining that he would discuss with Iraqi officials, details the requirements and the means provided to Iraqi security forces.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum