I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq: UN welcomes the ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Disabled Group

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

Iraq: UN welcomes the ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Disabled Group

January 30, 2012 -

The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights ( OHCHR ) in Iraq on Monday welcomed the ratification by the Iraqi authorities of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
"Ratification by Iraq of the convention is a historic step to ensure that people with disabilities can fully participate in the Iraqi society and can contribute to their communities with their full potential," said the head of the unity of human rights of the Mission `s United Nations Assistance ( UNAMI ) and Head of OHCHR in this country, Francesco Motta.

"The Government and people of Iraq are to be commended for the ratification of the Convention. The Iraq now recognizes the potential contribution that disabled people can do when given the same opportunities as other citizens, "he added.

The Convention marks a shift in the way of seeing the disability is no longer considered a social problem but as a matter of human rights. States which ratify the Convention are obliged to implement measures to promote the rights of persons with disabilities without discrimination.

"It is now important that the government of Iraq to ensure that the agreement is implemented. The best way to do would be to consult with organizations of civil society and representatives of the disability community to ensure that the actions protect and promote the right to equal participation, "said Mr. Motta.

News Tracker: past stories on this issue
The UN calls not to exclude people with disabilities Development

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

wonder if they classify the Parliament as "disabled"?.......I do!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum