I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

San Fran Fed Finds Fiscal Stimulus Has Little Impact

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

San Fran Fed Finds Fiscal Stimulus Has Little Impact During Periods Of Economic Growth
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 02/06/2012 - 15:55 European Central Bank Federal Reserve Federal Reserve Bank fixed Great Depression Gross Domestic Product Japan Monetary Policy Reality Recession recovery Unemployment

It has only been a week since we discussed the San Francisco Fed's research group admitted that water was wet Fed policy will be unable to impact unemployment since the cyclical changes are more structural leading to jobless recoveries as fat is removed from the system. The powerless Fed now has another well-researched problem. As Daniel Wilson of the FRBSF sheepishly admits (having spent several thousands in taxpayer cash to fund the latest Fed 'white paper') with regard to the impact of fiscal stimulus: It is an inconvenient reality that this literature provides an enormous range of multiplier estimates, ranging from –1 to +3. Critically he notes that the benefits of fiscal stimulus vary with the business cycle and are strongest during recessions. So, given that the US is decoupling and that we are not in a recession, we assume the multiplier effect of the Fed's much-desired fiscal stimulus requests will be at the lower end of the range - either negative or inconsequential?

In other words, for the Fed to get its desired fiscal stimulus from the government they had better engineer, using only the monetary policies up their sleeves, a recession.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum