I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq reaches $500 million airline debt deal with Kuwait

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

8:36am EDT

BAGHDAD, March 14 (Reuters) - Iraq has reached a $500 million agreement with Kuwait to resolve a standoff over Gulf War-era debts that had prevented Iraqi Airways from flying to destinations in the West, an aide to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said on Wednesday.

Under the deal, Iraq will pay Kuwait $300 million in cash and will invest another $200 million in a joint Iraqi-Kuwaiti airline venture, Maliki's media adviser Ali al-Moussawi told Reuters by telephone from Kuwait where Maliki was on a visit.
In return, Kuwait would lift legal actions against Iraqi Airways, he said. In 2010 Kuwaiti lawyers tried to seize an Iraqi Airways plane on its first flight to London.

The issue of Iraqi Airways debts is one part of a long-running dispute between Iraq and Kuwait over billions of dollars of reparations dating back to Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait in 1990-91.

windreader1

This is a huge decision as Kuwait was threatening further legal action against Iraqi foreign assets once Chapter VII was lifted. Kuwait has already been successful in their lawsuits in England, Canada and Jordan.

MrsCK

WOW WOW WOW another one done??? just amazing how fast it is moving.

gente

gente

FINALLY!!!! Just like dominoes...thx Wind!

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

good stuff Wind!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum