I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

BoE Finds Gold Standard Leads To Less Crises Than Fiat Regime

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

BoE Finds Gold Standard Leads To Less Crises Than Fiat Regime

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/10/2012 - 09:43

Bank of England BOE fixed Global Economy Gross Domestic Product keynesianism Monetary Policy Reality Volatility
There should be three objectives for a well-functioning monetary system: i) internal balance, ii) allocative efficiency and iii) financial stability. The international financial and monetary system (IFMS) has functioned under a number of different regimes over the past 150 years and each has placed different weights on these three objectives. Overall, this recent Bank of England paper finds that today’s 'fiat' system has performed poorly against each of its three objectives, at least compared with the Bretton Woods System, with the key failure being the system’s inability to maintain financial stability and minimize the incidence of disruptive sudden changes in global capital flows. There is little consensus in the academic literature, or among policymakers, on what are the underlying problems in the global economy which allow excessive imbalances to build in today’s IMFS and/or which impede the IMFS from adjusting smoothly to counteract these imbalances. Critically though, while the fiat money system we are currently does indeed exhibit lower GDP growth volatility (by design), it has dramatically more incidents of banking and currency crises than under a Gold Standard

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum