I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maliki Press Conference at the UN - July 22, 2009

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MamaEhrhardt

Subject: Maliki Press Conference at the UN - July 22, 2009 Today at 10:39 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.un.org/webcast/sc.html

4th one down on the page

22 July 09 Media Stakeout: Informal comments to the Media by the Prime Minister of Iraq, H.E. Mr. Nouri Kamil al-Maliki, on the situation concerning Iraq.
[Webcast: Archived Video - 5 minutes ] (Arabic with English translation)

Subject: Re: Maliki Press Conference at the UN - July 22, 2009 Today at 11:05 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tried to get it word for word, but I think this part says it......although we have to wait for formal announcement, I think Mal gave us a clue.

We were able to clarify to the United Nations and neighboring countries that iraq doesn't appear to be a threat to the international community anymore. And thats the report that will be published to the by the Sec general to the members that explains and clarifies all the initiatives that have been in Iraq. Its going to the entire members of the security council that will take iraq out of chapter 7 .

thats very participated ??? understanding from the Sec General & security council, emphasize that iraq is not going to be a risk to the international community and right now is the time to look at the international decisions everyone is waiting for the secretary generals report

Anyone else hear that?

Subject: Re: Maliki Press Conference at the UN - July 22, 2009 Today at 11:10 am

"We were able to clarify"

In other words, we were able to "convince", make them "understand". I would be shock if they didn't get released. If it was going in any other direction, I would think the statements by the Iraqi government would be gearing towards getting the international community help Iraq get out. Those statements have seemed to stop.

windreader1

Thanks for this post. You did a lot better than I did in getting something out of that press conference. I could not understand the interpreter at all.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum