I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Empty Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 am

windreader1

‘Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq for invasion-linked damages’

UNITED NATIONS, Aug 11. (KUNA): Kuwait’s Permanent Representative to UN Ambassador Abdullah Al-Murad has stressed the importance of abiding by the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolution 833, regarding the Kuwaiti-Iraqi borders, and implementing it.

Those remarks came during a meeting Monday night with his US counterpart Susan Rice where he valued the US positive stance in this sense, and its support to Kuwait especially during the Iraqi invasion in 1990.

Speaking to KUNA on the sidelines of the meeting, he said, “We value our ties with the United States and we will not forget its role in liberating our country, yielding international resolutions in favor of Kuwait after the Iraqi invasion; and making sure they are being implemented.” Earlier this month, His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah made an official visit to the White House and met with President Barack Obama and his Vice President Joe Biden where they discussed bilateral relations, Al-Murad said.

Sheikh Sabah also explained the Kuwaiti-Iraqi relations and Iraq’s efforts to dodge Chapter seven of the UN Charter, in which Iraq’s assets in world banks have been frozen “to pay compensation to Kuwait” for its invasion of the country in 1990.

The Ambassador also affirmed Kuwait’s support of the mission of the UN Secretary-General’s High-Level Coordinator Gennady Tarasov for missing persons and property.
He also spoke of Iraq bid to reduce the compensation percentage from five percent to one or two percent.

Kuwait politically supported Iraq in regional, international and economic arenas, contributing to Iraq’s reconstruction by allocating $60 billion Al-Murad said, noting the compensation committee assigned $24 billion to Kuwait to compensate for property lost or damaged during the Iraqi invasion.

Kuwait affirms it has not received any compensations till now, and that the committee’s compensations were allocated to individuals and companies.
Kuwait will abide by the UNSC’s resolutions regarding compensations, Al-Murad said, noting that Kuwait is ready to negotiate the matter and discuss investment projects with Iraq under UN supervision.

Al-Murad said that he handed over a file of the outstanding issues to his US counterpart, including a compact disc with enclosed updates and photographs of the Kuwaiti-Iraqi border demarcation.

Kuwait’s UN Ambassador met last week with Security Council President for the month of August, Ambassador John Sawers of Britain, and is likely to meet with Security Council members in the next few days to explain his country’s stance regarding such issues, before discussing them in a Security Council session which will be scheduled later.
http://www.arabtimesonline.com/kuwaitnews/pagesdetails.asp?nid=35804&ccid=9

2Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Empty Re: Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 am

windreader1

I was told on Monday in a telephone conversation with UN personnel that a public debate would be scheduled in the next several weeks, possibly September to discuss the lifting of Chapter VII. I was further advised to watch the Security Council calendar and that I would be able to watch it on webcast.

3Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Empty Re: Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:30 pm

thanx Wind...just a reminder, not all the money that is wanted by Kuwait is from the invasion, Sadam had loans from Kuwait for the war with Iran also....most folks don't realize that.

4Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Empty Re: Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:46 pm

windreader1

thumper wrote:thanx Wind...just a reminder, not all the money that is wanted by Kuwait is from the invasion, Sadam had loans from Kuwait for the war with Iran also....most folks don't realize that.

Thats right, I had fogotten that tidbit. Thanks Thumper

5Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Empty Re: Kuwait yet to receive comp from Iraq Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:44 pm

retired2934

retired2934

well, why doesnt kuwait collecy from Saddam????????/ Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum