I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Wise Men" committee - to resolve the Premier post

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

"Wise Men" committee - to resolve the Premier post

"Wise Men" committee begins its meetings soon, 3 mechanisms to resolve the Premier post

Saturday, May 15th 2010 12:31 PM

Baghdad, May 15 (AKnews) – Bassem al-Awadi, the media adviser of the President of the Islamic Supreme Council Amar al-Hakim revealed on Saturday that the "Wise men" committee, composed of fourteen members from the State of Law and the National coalition, will start its meetings soon. The committee has set two options to resolve the issue of Prime Minister’s post and another one that has not been agreed upon yet.

"The Wise Men Committee will meet soon; its responsibility will be defining mechanisms to select a PM as well as specifying the characteristics of the latter. The Committee, after developing mechanisms and specifications, will chose the one who fulfills the requirements of this post", al-Awadi said .

"The main principle in the work of the Committee is consensus over all the mechanisms. Voting on the PM post in 2005 between Adel Abdul-Mahdi and Al-Jaafari will not be applied now," he added.
"If there is no agreement on a candidate for this post, through mechanisms like voting in both coalitions for a candidate, on the condition he gets 80% of the votes, the Committee may develop a new mechanism for choosing a Prime Minister”.

"There is an idea proposed, to consider the opinion of other parliamentary blocs like al-Iraqiya, the Kurdistan Alliance, Al-Tawafuq and other political blocs, by proposing the candidates’ names. The question asked to the blocs is the acceptability of the debatable figures," al-Awadi explained.

Disagreements took place during the past few days on selecting the names of the Wise Men committee, which is composed of 14 members, seven of them from the State of Law coalition and seven from the Iraqi National Coalition, but the decision has been made in the past two days.

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/145631/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum