I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

16 wounded, including 10 police demonstration in Nasiriyah

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

A source in the province of Nasiriyah police Sunday injuring 16 people, including ten policemen were injured during a protest against poor services were accompanied by acts of violence that has pushed for the arrest of forty demonstrators in the city of Nasiriyah on Saturday night.

He said police spokesman Nasiriyah (380 km) south of Baghdad submitted Morteza Ahtor "Ten policemen were injured during a protest against poor services which the crowd threw stones and used sticks against the police."

He said that "dozens of protesters gathered Saturday night, demanding better services near the governorate building in River Street (center) without the consent of the provincial council, and they fired obscenities insulting and cursing against the central government and local communities".

"The police used water cannons to disperse demonstrators who threw stones and clashed with sticks, prompting police to the arrest of forty protesters."

A medical source at a hospital in Nasiriyah, "received 16 wounded, including a dozen police were also wounded during the demonstration."

The chants, which they unleashed "Win electricity you the state of law," referring to the government of Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki.

Kamil said Hussein (35 years), a business owner, "We came out to protest because we feel that there is no solution to the problem of electricity which has not improved not release (the officials), but false promises."

In turn, the Messenger of Hussein (28 years), an unemployed man "must continue demonstrations to pressure the government to improve services, and electricity and address the problem of the unemployed," adding "at least to sleep."

And fell 17 injured in the police during a demonstration in Nasiriyah in a similar June 21 last, in protest against the acute shortage of electricity.

. There are in the province of Dhi Qar one of the largest power plants in Iraq.

The demonstration comes a series of protests started during the last period in Basra, Baghdad, Najaf and elsewhere to condemn the interruption of electricity amid high temperatures exceeded fifty degrees Celsius.

Suffer the electricity sector in Iraq in general from a lack of energy production over the past years due to exposure stations and transport networks to major damage to the invasion of Iraq in 2003, followed by acts of sabotage over the past years.

Iraqis depend, especially in Baghdad, the power generators to address the continuing shortage of up to about 18 hours a day.

http://translate.goo...atonline.com%2F

http://www.wasatonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2107:-16--10-----&catid=40:2009-09-30-10-17-54&Itemid=99

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum