I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

SC overview activity, Dec/2010

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SC overview activity, Dec/2010 Empty SC overview activity, Dec/2010 Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:54 pm

windreader1

December 2010
Overview

The United States will hold the presidency of the Council in December. It is typically the busiest month on the calendar due to a high number of scheduled briefings and mandate renewals and the usual desire to wrap up all Council work before Christmas.

In addition, several briefings are expected:

On the operation in Iraq, UNAMI (in consultations);

By the High-Level Coordinator on the Iraq/Kuwait missing persons and property issues, Gennady Tarasov (in consultations);

Formal sessions are expected to adopt resolutions on:

Arrangements for the DFI/IAMB in Iraq;

December 2010
Iraq

Expected Council Action
At press time there were indications that the US (Council president in December,W1) is planning to convene a high-level meeting on Iraq in December. It remains to be seen what the focus for such a meeting will be.

Council members should have before them the Secretary-General's regular four-monthly report on Iraq. In addition the Council will need to address the question of funding for the activities of the high-level coordinator on the Iraq and the Kuwait missing persons issue, which expires at the end of December. A progress report on the issue is expected during the month. Also, the mandate for the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) and related immunities also expires at the end of the year. Some action with regard to the DFI is also likely during the month.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum