I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ki-moon has renewed its commitment to Iraq's full normalization of international status

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Ki-moon has renewed its commitment to Iraq's full normalization of international status

2011-07-16 12:24:29

BAGHDAD (Iba) ..
Said Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon last night reiterated his personal commitment to achieve a full normalization of Iraq's international status and appealed to achieve tangible progress in the implementation of its remaining obligations towards the State of Kuwait.

Ban said in a quarterly report on the work of the United Nations Mission to help Iraq (UNAMI) said the UN Security Council lifted a number of provisions of Chapter VII of Iraq for nearly seven months, a major step towards the normalization of Iraq's international status. ..
He noted that in the 26-27 of May, went past an Iraqi delegation comprising officials from the Departments of State and transfer to Kuwait to find out the facts concerning the scheme of construction of a port (Mubarak the Great) on the island (Boubyan) Kuwaiti.

He explained that the decision to send this delegation was issued after he raised a number of members of the Iraqi Council of Representatives raised questions about the impact of the proposed port of Kuwait on the interests of Iraq's economic and maritime.

He added that the report of the Iraqi delegation to Kuwait, sent to the Iraqi Council of Ministers and the two countries were continuing to clarify the matter bilaterally through diplomatic channels. And recommended the Secretary General of the United Nations Iraq and Kuwait following the steps taken by the Government of both countries and aimed at normalizing their relations and to continue efforts to resolve the outstanding issues between them.

He recalled the meeting of the Joint Ministerial Committee of both countries in the March 28-29 this year in Kuwait to discuss the outstanding issues between the two countries, all of which distinguished between the obligations of Iraq, the remaining Security Council resolutions and other issues, to the advantage of both countries.

He considered that he should agree on the details of the ministerial meeting and that has not been resolved yet.

He followed I would like to express my sincere hope that there will be follow-up for the meeting of the Joint Ministerial Committee meeting held in Kuwait last March, and remain both parties are committed to finding viable solutions and I am confident that the debate open and honest will promote confidence-building between the two countries significantly.

Baghdad and the obligations of UN Security Council resolutions stressed the importance of the issue of Baghdad's commitment to financial compensation for the private property of the Iraqi citizens who have their shares remained on Kuwaiti territory following the demarcation of the border between Iraq and Kuwait, under Security Council resolution 899, issued in 1994.

However, still saying the UN Department of Political Affairs in waiting for a response to the proposals put forward by Iraq in 2009 in this regard.

With regard to the maintenance of border signs between Kuwait and Iraq, Secretary General of the United Nations, said he is still Iraq must confirm its willingness to continue (maintenance project marks the border of Iraq - Kuwait) and to contribute its share of additional funding of $ 600 thousand dollars necessary to complete the project.

He is due to I receive a response from the Iraqi government made a verbal request at the date of April 29, 2011 in this regard.

He believed that progress in these issues can create positive momentum can be the Security Council to get Iraq once and for all of Chapter VII. He stressed that the Mmlth your Ad Melkert and coordinator of the UN High Gennady Tarsov are committed to providing assistance to Iraq and Kuwait in order to find a settlement of the obligations of the Security Council remained long-term.

And on the situation in Iraq, said Secretary General of the United Nations to Baghdad over the past few months have demonstrated commitment to improving daily living conditions of the people of Iraq.

However, he said at the same time that the poverty index remains high at 9.22 percent and account for a gap of 5.4 percent, adding that poverty rates vary greatly from one province to another.

He added that about 1.00075 million Nzohawwa thousand Iraqis in Iraq or had taken refuge in neighboring countries, stressing that they constitute the largest number of displaced people in the world.

He explained that the rates of school enrollment dwindled in the primary, while the total average rate of illiterates among the poor, 29 percent of those aged ten years and older.

It is due to discuss the UN Security Council Ban's report quarterly on the work of the mission (UNAMI) on the nineteenth of July. (End)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=ar%7Cen&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php%3Fname%3Dmain2%26t%3Deconomy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum