I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

UN pays out $1 billion from Iraqi oil fund

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

http://www02.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/jul/28/eu-un-iraq-compensation/

UN pays out $1 billion from Iraqi oil fund

The Associated Press

Thursday, July 28, 2011 | 1:49 a.m.

A U.N. panel has approved more than $1 billion in compensation payments for victims of Iraq's 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

The U.N. Compensation Commission says the money will go to five companies and four government or international bodies. It did not disclose the identities of the claimants Thursday but said all are in Kuwait.

The panel made up of the 15 U.N. Security Council member countries has so far paid out almost $33.3 billion. A further $19 billion is earmarked to go to unidentified claimants in Kuwait.

Until the U.S.-led 2003 invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein the commission received 25 percent of the proceeds of Iraq's oil sales. Since the invasion that cut has been reduced to 5 percent.

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

ouch....know that went over like a turd in a punchbowl.....

gente

gente

you KNOW the GOI was just gritting their teeth, and cursing Kuwait through a false smile the WHOLE TIME, hahahaha

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

gente wrote:you KNOW the GOI was just gritting their teeth, and cursing Kuwait through a false smile the WHOLE TIME, hahahaha

no doubt about that....lol they can't stand each other to an extent that most Americans can't fathom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum