I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait''s FM underscores significance of Ban-Ki-moon''s report to UNAMI''s mission Politics

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

Kuwait''s FM underscores significance of Ban-Ki-moon''s report to UNAMI''s mission Politics  

7/31/2011 5:20:00 PM  

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr. Mohammad Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah
KUWAIT, July 31 (KUNA) -- Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr.

Mohammad Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah underscored here on Sunday the importance of the third report of the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on the progress made towards fulfilling the responsibilities entrusted to the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) submitted to the Security Council at its meeting held on July 19.

Sheikh Mohammad told Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) that the report reflects the concern of the UN towards Iraq's implementation of its obligations stipulated by Security Council resolutions and show the failures of Iraq in this file, in addition to emphasizing the elements that enter into the interests of Kuwait and the position of the International Organization towards them.

He stressed in this regard that the importance of the report lies in its focus on several things; first, non-confirmation of Iraq's willingness to do the maintenance of border signs between Kuwait and Iraq, its failure to pay its share of this project and the notice made by the Secretary General to the Iraqi government in this matter with no response.

The second matter is the Secretary General's strictness on the importance of Iraq's commitment to compensate Iraqi farmers under Security Council resolution 899, where the Iraqi government is still dragging its feet in the removal of violating farms on the Kuwaiti borders and the payment of compensation and amounts deposited in the account of the United Nations since 1996.

Sheikh Dr. Mohammad pointed out that the third point of focus in the report is the reminder of the Secretary General to the Iraqi government on the importance of proving to the Security Council of the achievement of significant and rapid progress on the remaining obligations related to Kuwait and specifically the issue of missing Kuwaitis and lost property, as well as the project maintenance of border signs and the issue of compensation to Iraqi farmers.

In this context, Sheikh Dr. Mohammad said "if Iraq wanted to get out of the umbrella of Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, it must implement its obligations referred to in the report." Meanwhile, Sheikh Mohammad, and prior to the issuance of this report, had sent a letter to Ban Ki-moon on July 11, relating to the unmet obligations by Iraq pursuant to Security Council resolutions relevant under Chapter VII of the UN Charter under the item "The situation between Iraq and Kuwait and in particular resolutions 687,1991, 833, 1993, 1284, 1999, 1956 and 2010.

gente

gente

Losta CH7 stuff in the last few days..hope Iraq finally is getting is butt in gear...thx WR1

windreader1

Agree, wish they would, but quite frankly, don't see it happening anytime soon. There track record for getting stuff done on time is absolutely dismal.

gente

gente

If they are free of trade sanctions, then the RV really has nothing to do with this, correct?

windreader1

I have never believed that it was necessary for Iraq to be out from under Chapter VII in order to RV. If anything I thought it was the other way around. It was Iraq's ace in the hole to say, okay you want the RV then get us out from under Chapter VII. If anything I think the fact that they are still under Article XIV and have not transitioned to Article VIII with the IMF is more important than Chapter VII with the UN.

Last edited by windreader1 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

gente

gente

I see...I kinda thought that Iraq would use it to their advantage as long as they possibly could, knowing how huge the implications for an RV/RI are financially for the rest of the world....thx WR1

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

ahhhh....he see's the light!......

gente

gente

Well, if that really is the case, we are gonna be here FOREVER..the Iraqis are stubborn as hell, and lazy to boot!

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

feel like I have been waiting forever.....

MrsCK

The second matter is the Secretary General's strictness on the
importance of Iraq's commitment to compensate Iraqi farmers under
Security Council resolution 899, where the Iraqi government is still
dragging its feet in the removal of violating farms on the Kuwaiti
borders and the payment of compensation and amounts deposited in the
account of the United Nations since 1996.

HUH? Money for farmers at the UN since 1996??

This border thing just ticks me off...first the UN set those borders..so why does the UN not come in and say HERE we marked the borders FOR YOU!!! then the UN give who ever compensation to MOVE! FIX IT UN!! Really it's all under a UN resolution...SO FIX IT UN!!! Do the job and set the borders!!! IF iraq or kuwait doesn't like where the border is..they can file a motion or whatever to the UN about it...but danggggggggg

windreader1

The new port that Kuwait wants to build is now really adding fuel to the fire.

gente

gente

MrsCK wrote:The second matter is the Secretary General's strictness on the
importance of Iraq's commitment to compensate Iraqi farmers under
Security Council resolution 899, where the Iraqi government is still
dragging its feet in the removal of violating farms on the Kuwaiti
borders and the payment of compensation and amounts deposited in the
account of the United Nations since 1996.

HUH? Money for farmers at the UN since 1996??

This border thing just ticks me off...first the UN set those borders..so why does the UN not come in and say HERE we marked the borders FOR YOU!!! then the UN give who ever compensation to MOVE! FIX IT UN!! Really it's all under a UN resolution...SO FIX IT UN!!! Do the job and set the borders!!! IF iraq or kuwait doesn't like where the border is..they can file a motion or whatever to the UN about it...but danggggggggg

UN has NO TEETH and never will.....WE WAIT SOME MORE...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum