I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill Gates to Report on Financing for Development to 2011 G20 Summit Report to be submitted at the request of President Sarkozy (last April)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

remember this from last April?

A trip back in time... Smile

April 8, 2011

Bill Gates to Report on Financing for Development to 2011 G20 Summit
Report to be submitted at the request of President Sarkozy

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Phone: +1.206.709.3400
Email: media@gatesfoundation.org

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- At the request of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, will prepare a report on financing for development and deliver it to the Heads of States and Governments at the G20 Summit this November. This year, France is serving as the presidency of the G20.

“I am honored to have been given this important opportunity. My report will address the financing needed to achieve maximum progress on the Millennium Development Goals, and to make faster progress on development over the next decade,” said Gates.

The report will stress the importance of transparency around all types of investments; rigorous assessment of cost-effectiveness and value for money; and evaluation of impact and results.

“The key issue in development is about staying committed and finding more money for poor countries and those most in need especially during these difficult budgetary times,” said Gates.

Gates will look at how to reinforce the growing resource capacities of poor countries themselves and how to re-energize aid commitments from rich countries, as well as the roles of fast-growing, emerging economies of the G20. The report also will discuss innovative financing ideas that could contribute to more effective support for development and for managing climate change.
In developing the report, Gates will consult with G20 members as well as other financial, economic and development experts. He will present the report at the G20 Summit, November 3-4, in Cannes, France.

###
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people—especially those with the fewest resources—have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Jeff Raikes and Co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum