I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

SG report on Additional Protocol

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SG report on Additional Protocol Empty SG report on Additional Protocol Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 am

windreader1

I went looking to see if anything interesting had been posted on the UN website regarding Iraq. Found this report from the Secretary General. Just another issue in a long list of issues that Iraq has failed to complete. Parliament has to vote on the Additional Protocol and this is a requirement for all countries and for Iraq is also a condition of removal of Chapter VII. Even though many of the restrictions regarding the import and production of chemicals has been lifted, Iraq still has to vote on accepting the Additional Protocol. Windreader1

United Nations

S/2011/607

Security Council

Distr.: General
3 October 2011
Original: English

Report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 3 of
resolution 1957 (2010)

Introduction

1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 3 of resolution 1957 (2010),
by which the Security Council decided, inter alia, to review in one year’s time
progress made by Iraq on its commitment to ratify the Additional Protocol to the
Comprehensive Safeguards Agreement
and meet its obligations under the Chemical
Weapons Convention. The Council also requested the Secretary-General to report to
the Council in this regard.

2. The information contained in the present report has been provided by the
International Atomic Energy Agency and the Organization for the Prohibition of
Chemical Weapons.

II. Information provided by the International Atomic
Energy Agency

3. On 6 September 2011, the International Atomic Energy Agency reported that
as at 5 September 2011, the Additional Protocol to the Comprehensive Safeguards
Agreement had not entered into force in Iraq.
However, since 17 February 2010,
Iraq has continued to implement the Additional Protocol provisionally pending its
entry into force.

2SG report on Additional Protocol Empty Re: SG report on Additional Protocol Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:09 am

MrsCK

I thought that was done..Peachy it's not.

Thanks mom

3SG report on Additional Protocol Empty Re: SG report on Additional Protocol Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:37 am

windreader1

I had not seen any articles stating that Parliament had voted on it but was not sure as I have missed some of the stuff going on. How simple is this, just vote, that's all they have to do to get this off the books. All they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot over this. How idiotic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum