I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thai PM visits Vietnam to talk global crisis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Roxy

Roxy

Thai PM visits Vietnam to talk global crisis

HANOI, Vietnam
The prime ministers of Thailand and Vietnam, which are important trading partners, met Friday to discuss how to address the global economic crisis, a spokesman said.
Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva arrived in Hanoi for an one-day visit with his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Tan Dung. The two reviewed an honor guard before heading for an hour-and-half talks behind closed doors.
"Your visit will contribute to expanding and deepening the friendship and multifaceted cooperation between Vietnam and Thailand," Dung told his guest during the five-minute photo opportunity.
In a regular press conference on Thursday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Le Dung told reporters that the two prime ministers were expected to discuss how each is dealing with the financial crisis.
Thailand is one of Vietnam's major trading partners, and their bilateral trade reached $6.5 billion last year. Thailand also ranked ninth among foreign investors in Vietnam, having poured nearly $6 billion into the country.
Vietnam, which has recorded average economic growth of 7 percent over the past decade, saw its economy expand only 3.9 percent in the first half of this year.
Thailand, with its export-dependent economy, is also reeling from the global recession. Political unrest has also hit the country's important tourist industry.
Abhisit was named prime minister in December after months of protests and court rulings forced two leaders from power. It's customary for newly elected leaders from the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations to pay visits to other member-states.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum