I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Germany to the Fed: We Demand to See Our Gold!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

Germany to the Fed: We Demand to See Our Gold!

Comment Posted by Adam English - Thursday, November 1st, 2012
As previously report in Wealth Wire, the German federal auditors' office has publicly criticized Bundesbank, its central bank, saying they should be more pro-active when it comes to taking control and responsibility for the county's gold reserves stored in the United States, Britain, and France.
Now they're encountering the same thing domestic politicians and citizens in the USA have faced for decades. The Fed is stonewalling the Germans and refusing to let them even see the gold they own.
Previous and repeated requests were only partially addressed. Bundesbank staff members were allowed to see the facility in 2007, but they reportedly only made it to the anteroom of the German reserves.
Bundesbank auditors made a second visit in May 2011. This time one of the nine compartments used to store Germany's gold was opened. Only a few bars were pulled out and weighed, but that was it.
Even the details of this minuscule inspection were blacked out in a German auditor's report “out of consideration for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.”
So far, the 1,536 metric tons of gold, worth about $93 billion at spot prices, has only been backed up by personal assurances.
The Fed's secrecy has warranted increasing suspicion and concern. It is understandable to limit access as much as possible for security reasons.
However, these are high-ranking officials with $93 billion in deposits. The Fed is merely holding the reserves for the Germans and is refusing to allow them to inspect what they own.
The Fed's actions only help validate claims that Germany's gold is long gone or been lent out and that promissory notes -- official “IOUs” -- are sitting in the vault. The Fed has vehemently denied the claims but has worked tirelessly to avoid any form of inspection.
The leaked report from the German auditors has caused grave concern in Berlin about the gold reserves entrusted to the Fed.
Bundesbank board member Carl-Ludwig Thiele cautiously stated, "I would like more transparency on the issue."
However, tame assurances and diplomatic understatements will not suffice. Thiele was summoned to Berlin to provide an explanation to a parliamentary budget committee.
Heinz-Peter Haustein, of the pro-business Free Democratic Party, stated during the hearing, "all the gold has to be shipped back."
The Bundesbank has pledged to bring back and inspect 150 tons of gold from abroad over the next several years. There are also plans to count and weigh the gold bars stored in one of its nine chambers at the Fed in New York.
As to what inspecting a mere 11% of Germany's reserves will actually settle, when a direct inspection will occur and how much of the 150 tons shipped back to Berlin will come from the Fed, no details are available.

gente

gente

Turk - 2nd Time Germany’s Gold Has Gone Missing From Fed

This is the fourth and final of a series of blockbuster interviews with James Turk covering missing central bank gold. Turk spoke with King World News about a rather stunning event which took place at the Federal Reserve gold vault in the 1920s, and yes, it once again involved Germany’s missing gold.

Here is what Turk had to say: “There is an interesting thing I read a few months ago. It was an autobiography of the President of the Reichsbank, who was President (of the Reichsbank) back in the 1920s. His name was Hjalmar Horace Greeley Schacht.”

James Turk continues:

“Schacht was on a visit to the Federal Reserve of New York in the 1920s, and the President of the Federal Reserve, a guy by the name of Strong, offered to show Schacht his gold. They went down into the vault, and after a period of time, the people who were in the vault said they couldn’t find the German Reichsbank’s gold.

This (astonishing interaction with the Federal Reserve) is recorded by Schacht in his autobiography (some three decades after it took place)....

“Is the record keeping in the Federal Reserve as bad today as it was in the 1920s, that they couldn’t find the German gold? There are just so many questions. And the sad thing is that the central banks perpetuate the mystery and the secretiveness by refusing to open up the vaults and have a full audit.

But even more importantly, Eric, to claim their own sovereignty, countries should have their gold stored in their own vaults. That’s the only way they can be safe and be assured that their gold is fully protected.

When asked about the possibility that central banks will work together to issue a false report, assuring people that the gold is still in the vaults, Turk responded, “I’ve seen so much trickery, false reporting, and rules being broken, that I would really have my doubts (about such a report).

Until all of the central banks have their own gold returned to their own vaults, I’ll take with a grain of salt any pronouncements that come from central bankers. My basic premise, with regard to central banking, is they only tell you what they want you to hear. But also keep in mind, Eric, that there is no logic for central banks to keep their gold in other central banks any more.

Under the days of a gold standard, there was a certain logic to it. You settled trade balances with the movement of gold, by moving gold from one part of a vault to another part of the vault. But we’re not on a gold standard any more. So having gold stored in certain parts of the world doesn’t make sense any more.

Gold is now basically reserved for a rainy day or any kind of problem that comes up. So it makes all the more sense for central banks to return the gold back to their home country, and have it safe and secure in their own central bank’s vault.”

The blockbuster audio with James Turk has now been released. The above information was just a small portion of his incredible interview which covers Germany’s missing gold, as well as other central bank gold which has been leased into the market. The King World News interview with James Turk is available now and you can listen to it by CLICKING HERE:

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Broadcast.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum