I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ki-moon calls on Iraq and Kuwait to establish a bilateral mechanism for the maintenance of the common border

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MrsCK

Ki-moon calls on Iraq and Kuwait to establish a bilateral mechanism for the maintenance of the common border

March 21, 2013

BAGHDAD (Iba) warned the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon of the growing tensions in the western regions of Iraq, and urged the Iraqi government to exercise maximum restraint in dealing with peaceful demonstrations in those areas, and called for a prompt and transparent investigations

On allegations of human rights abuses against peaceful demonstrators.

The Secretary-General in his second, which was discussed by the UN Security Council today in a special session on the ongoing developments in Iraq - expressed concern "about the continuing volatility of relations between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government," and urged them to "resume dialogue to find solutions based on mutual respect and federal system based on Constitution, stressing the importance of sharing power and resources in a transparent and accountable to ensure greater political stability and economic growth. "

And Ban Ki-moon welcomed the report continued progress towards the normalization of relations between Kuwait and Iraq, and called on the Iraqi government to fulfill all its obligations due under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations without further delay.

The report said: "It is important that the Iraqi government immediately to complete the process of removing all barriers between the columns border so that timely completion of the project maintenance of the border between the two countries."

gente

gente

Thanks CK...The border was SUPPOSED to have been completed by month's end, but we know how they like to tell fairy tales..oh well, maybe by summer....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum