I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRS' Lois Lerner To Plead The Fifth Before House Oversight Committee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-21/irs-lois-lerner-plead-fifth-house-oversight-committee

IRS' Lois Lerner To Plead The Fifth Before House Oversight Committee

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/21/2013 17:32 -0400

For an affair that numerous media outlets will have you believe has been spun out of all proportion, and that it really is the conservatives fault that the IRS was targeting them, it is somewhat ironic that the IRS official who opened up the entire Pandora's box with her targeted apology two weeks ago, and who learned in 2011 about the improper targeting of political groups yet lied under oath to Congress to the contrary, has decided to plead the Fifth and will invoke her right not to testify on Wednesday for fear of self-incrimination, according to her lawyer. But this would mean that... she may have something to hide? And that would be rather problematic for the media's spin cycle, although we are confident it will take just a few minutes of deep though in the proper channels, before this all too overt admission of guilt is somehow spun as the IRS being the unwitting targets of an aggressive McCarthyesque campaign seeking to discredit the government's impartial tax collector whose only noble purpose is to enable the government to get even bigger.

From the LA Times:

Lois Lerner, the head of the exempt organizations division of the IRS, won’t answer questions about what she knew about the improper screening — or why she didn’t disclose it to Congress, according to a letter from her defense lawyer, William W. Taylor III. Lerner was scheduled to appear before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.

“She has not committed any crime or made any misrepresentation but under the circumstances she has no choice but to take this course,” said a letter by Taylor to committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Vista). The letter, sent Monday, was obtained Tuesday by the Los Angeles Times.
Perhaps she could clarify what circumstances those are: maybe the same ones that forced her to bow out of the Western New England Law School commencement speech?

Taylor, a criminal defense attorney from the Washington firm Zuckerman Spaeder, said that the Department of Justice has launched a criminal investigation, and that the House committee has asked Lerner to explain why she provided “false or misleading information” to the committee four times last year.

Since Lerner won’t answer questions, Taylor asked that she be excused from appearing, saying that would “have no purpose other than to embarrass or burden her.” There was no immediate word whether the committee will grant her request.
Wait, criminal investigation? Does this mean that the administration will offer yet another deferred-prosecution deal whose terms will involve harsh mandatory lifetime pensions and onerous full benefits upon retirement? Surely not even a corrupt, co-opted, drenched in scandals administration is that inhumane.

windreader1

Hmmmmmmm

gente

gente

I read another article that said she had waived her 5th Amendment rights due to the fact that she had made a previous statement on record prior to this, and was to be subpaeoned for questioning again...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum