I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

MP urges govt. to cancel supplementary state budget, speed up 2010

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MP urges govt. to cancel supplementary state budget, speed up 2010

August 7, 2009 - 11:33:17

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: An Iraqi legislator on Friday urged the government to cancel the 2009 supplementary state budget draft and accelerate the 2010 budget, noting the supplementary draft contains “several gaps”.

“Last year’s experience showed that ministries and provinces are incapable of spending the sums allocated for them during the remaining period of the year,” Sami al-Atroushi, a member of the Iraqi parliament’s financial committee, said in a statement received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“Accordingly, the government should focus on the 2010 budget and provide the money necessary to cover its spending as well as offset the current year’s budget deficit,” Atroushi, who belongs to the Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU) bloc, added.

The committee chairperson, Alaa al-Saadoun, had said that the parliament received the supplementary budget draft for this year, worth roughly five trillion Iraqi dinars.

“A little review of the draft submitted by the government would clearly indicate that it contained several unacceptable gaps,” Atroushi noted.

AmR (P)

I have to agree the year is almost over anyway...just focus on next year.

A parliamentary committee calls for the abolition of the supplementary budget for 2009

/ Iraq - a representative of the Committee - the budget /

A parliamentary committee calls for the abolition of the supplementary budget for 2009

BAGHDAD, Aug 8 (Akaniwz) - The member of the Finance Committee of the Iraqi House of Representatives today (Saturday), the Iraqi government to abolish the draft supplementary budget for 2009 and move towards the 2010 budget.

The MP said Sami al-Atrushi of Kurdistan News Agency (Akaniwz) said Saturday that "through extensive reading of the supplementary budget for 2009 and found that the government is not capable of implementing the projects assigned to them."

He explained that "the proportion of projects implemented by ministries and provinces that the government proved unable to implement other projects ",... noting that" the evidence that a supplementary budget for this year included some of the projects were not implemented during the supplementary budget for 2008. "

"The House of Representatives will begin to read the supplementary budget for 2009 under the dome of the House of Representatives in September," he said .. "the remaining life of the Iraqi government just three months, a period is not sufficient for the implementation of these projects."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum