I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

More people get compensation for article 140

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

More people get compensation for article 140
Tuesday, March 23rd 2010 4:44 PM

Erbil, March 23 (AKnews) – Official of implementing the Iraqi constitution-article 140 announced that on Wednesday 500 more cheques will be distributed on the included families.

"500 families will get the compensatory cheque of the article 140", Head of the financial commission of the Iraqi constitution-article 140, Narmin Othman said.

Each family will get 10 million Iraqi Dinars as compensation which cost are being paid off on the costs of the 2009 budget, Othman added.

Any amount of the 2010 budget is not yet allocated for the compensatory process, according to Othman.

Article 140 of the Iraqi constitution outlines a three-stage process to resolve the disputes over areas contested by the Kurdistan Regional Government and the central government in Baghdad.
The process involves a period of normalization – whereby the security environment is stabilized – followed by the restoration of the original demographic balance (which was altered by the former Iraqi regime, often at the expense of indigenous Kurds), and culminating with a referendum, which will enable local people to decide the constitutional status of these areas.
Article 140 is mainly evoked in the case of Kirkuk province, which is the main source of tension between Erbil and Baghdad.

10 million IDs (US$ 8,330) will be provided for each migrated family and 20 million IDs (US$ 16,660) for the settlers as part of the three procedures of normalizing the situation, counting, and making referendum.

Sm/gs AKnews

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum