I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mauritius, S. Africa: Sub-Saharan Africa Bond, Currency Preview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Mauritius, S. Africa: Sub-Saharan Africa Bond, Currency Preview
March 30, 2010, 2:34 AM EDT

March 30 (Bloomberg) -- The following events and economic reports may influence trading in sub-Saharan African bonds and currencies today. Bond yields and exchange rates are from the previous session.

Malawi: African finance ministers and central bank governors meet in Malawi for the second day to assess the impact the global crisis has had on jobs and to find ways to boost economic growth by spurring regional trade.

Policy makers and ministers from countries including South Africa, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal and Ethiopia will attend the two-day meeting in the capital, Lilongwe, hosted by the African Union and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.

The kwacha was little change at 150.80 versus the dollar

Mauritius: The Bank of Mauritius releases a statement by the Monetary Policy Committee.

The Mauritian rupee strengthened 1.5 percent against the dollar to 30.4125 as of 2:00 p.m. in the capital, Port Louis.

Namibia: The south-west African country will table its national budget.

Namibia’s dollar rose 0.4 percent to 7.4033 to the dollar at 2:44 p.m. in Windhoek.

South Africa: The South African Reserve Bank publishes private-sector credit data at 8 a.m. local time. Borrowing by households and businesses fell an annual 1.1 percent last month, the same decline as January, according to the median estimate of 14 economists surveyed by Bloomberg.

The National Treasury also gives details of budget revenue and expenditure for February.

The rand gained 0.4 percent, or 0.03 cents, to 7.4035 to the dollar at 1:50 p.m. in Johannesburg trading.

Sudan: President Umar al-Bashir will meet Salva Kiir, head of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement of Southern Sudan. Opposition parties have requested that the first elections in 24 years, which are due to take place next month, be postponed until November to ensure they are free.

The new Sudanese pound was unchanged at 2.315 to the dollar at 8 a.m. in Khartoum.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum