I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congo, Kenya, South Africa: Sub-Saharan Africa Currency Preview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Congo, Kenya, South Africa: Sub-Saharan Africa Currency Preview
April 20, 2010, 3:15 AM EDT

By Franz Wild

April 20 (Bloomberg) -- The following events and economic reports may influence trading in sub-Saharan African bonds and currencies today. Prices are from the previous trading session.

Gabon: China’s commerce minister, Deming Chen, visits Gabon after the equatorial country said it will review a 2006 iron-ore deal with China National Machinery and Equipment Import and Export Corp.

The Central African franc weakened 0.1 percent to 487.139 to the dollar at 8:05 a.m. in Johannesburg.

Democratic Republic of Congo: The central African nation is scheduled to hold its weekly Treasury-bill auction.

Congo’s franc was unchanged at 895.0515 as of 8:07 p.m. in the capital, Kinshasa.

Kenya: The central bank of East Africa’s biggest economy announces the results of its weekly Treasury-bill auction.

The Kenyan shilling strengthened 0.2 percent to 77.39 per dollar as of 10:07 a.m. in the capital, Nairobi.

South Africa: The South African Reserve Bank will sell 1.2 billion rand of bonds due in January, 2020 and 900 million rand of bonds maturing in March, 2036.

The rand strengthened 0.5 percent to 7.4432 per dollar by 9:08 a.m. in Johannesburg.

The yield on the benchmark government bond due September 2015 declined 2 basis points to 7.78 percent.

Sudan: Initial results for the country’s national elections are expected to be announced. Sudan’s first multiparty vote in 24 years has been hampered by opposition boycotts, making President Umar al-Bashir the likely winner.

The Sudanese pound was unchanged at 2.235 to the dollar as of 10:11 a.m. in the capital, Khartoum.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum