I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asia: Strong growth outturns in China and Singapore are reinforcing expectations of further currency appreciation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Asia: Strong growth outturns in China and Singapore are reinforcing expectations of further currency appreciation

Mon, Apr 19 2010, 17:44 GMT

Economic and Financial Market Highlights (12-18 April 2010)
Strong growth outturns in China and Singapore are reinforcing expectations of further currency appreciation, and highlighting efforts to curb property prices and inflationary risks.

The focus was on China, which saw rapid Q1 GDP growth of 11.9% year-on-year. The faster-than-expected outturn and rising property prices highlight overheating risks, which believe are manageable with further measures to rein in credit, and as seen in a moderate inflation outturn and slowdown in new loans for March.

Nevertheless, the strong growth reinforced speculation of an early revaluation of the RMB. Elsewhere, Singapore posted a strong Q1 GDP estimate of 32.1% (q/q, annualized), and the MAS tightened monetary policy, which fueled appreciation pressures throughout the region. The coming week will feature monetary meetings in India (25bp hike expected), Thailand, and the Philippines, as well as Korean Q1 GDP, trade data in Japan, and March inflation in Singapore.

The coming week will feature monetary meetings in India (25bp hike
expected), Thailand, and the Philippines, as well as Korean Q1 GDP,
trade data in Japan, and March inflation in Singapore.

ARE THEY TALKING THIS WEEK???????????

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum