I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq confirms its quest to close the file on Kuwaiti debt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PEGME

Iraq confirms its quest to close the file on Kuwaiti debt

23/08/2010 03:51

Arbil, 23 August (Akaniwz) - Iraq confirmed on Sunday evening, seeking to end the profile of debt and compensation Kuwait out of the pain of the seventh item, noting that so far hit 30 billion U.S. dollars of the debt of Kuwait and the rest of them another 22 billion.

Lapid said Abbawi Foreign Secretary Iraqi Kurdistan News Agency (Akaniwz) in response to the call of Kuwaiti officials of Iraq to pay debts to Kuwait, saying that "the Iraqi government is seeking to end the file of debt and compensation Kuwait out of the pain of the seventh item soon."

iraq-kuwait war , un picture

He explained that "Iraq has so far paid an amount of 30 billion dollars of debts to Kuwait and stayed the amount of 22 billion dollars."

Abawi said his country's commitment to "international resolutions, the Security Council on its neighbor Kuwait to close this file without delay."

Revived and Kuwait earlier this month anniversary of the Iraqi invasion 20, corresponding to the second of August 1990, which ended on February 26, 1991 U.S. military intervention to end the invasion, which lasted about seven months.

The United Nations took a resolution providing for the establishment of a fund for the compensation paid by Iraq of Kuwait, as demanded by company "Kuwait Airways" also compensation for damages suffered in the invasion, and caused these commitments paralysis in the diplomatic and economic ties between the two countries at a time when Iraq needs a lot of order reconstruction after years of war, siege, and sectarian violence.

The common border between the two sides, one of the most important points of contention so far, and which the Kuwaitis are demanding demarcation of Baghdad did not agree on that.

Baghdad, has sent middle of this year's first ambassador to Kuwait to establish a "strategic relationship" document, and sent Kuwait's first ambassador to Baghdad since 2008.

Kuwait rejected, eject Iraq from Chapter VII before resolving pending issues, including compensation paid since the nineties, along with the missing file, which led to the deterioration of relations between the two sides.
http://www.aknews.co...knews/4/176181/

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29036-iraq-to-pay-off-kuwait-debt-and-get-out-of-chap-7/page__pid__174251__st__0&#entry174251#ixzz0xPmADMcj

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum