I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

China vows to increase oil investment during Maliki's visit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/252520/

China vows to increase oil investment during Maliki's visit

18/07/2011 21:50

Erbil, July 18 (AKnews) - China vowed to cooperate to a greater extent in oil exploration and exploitation in Iraq today.

Beijing, China

The pledge came as Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki made his first state visit to China for talks with premier Wen Jiabao.

"The Chinese government will encourage companies to establish a long-term and stable relationship on oil and natural gas supply and demand with the Iraqi side and expand cooperation in oil exploration, refinery and equipment trade," Wen said to Xinhua News.

For his part Maliki urged more Chinese companies to invest in Iraq and called for the two sides to expand cooperation in the fields of oil and gas, electricity, transportation, housing, telecommunications and agriculture.

After the hour-long talk in the Great Hall of the People, the two prime ministers witnessed the signing of a cooperation deal on economic and technology and an exchange of notes on personnel training.

"We believe Iraq is able to realize long-term stability and economic development and contribute to regional peace and stability," Wen added.

President Hu Jintao is set to meet Maliki during his stay in Beijing.

China is heavily involved in several sectors in Iraq, including electricity, water, manufacturing and, most significantly, oil. In June, China’s largest oil company China National Petroleum Corporation opened the first major new oil field in Iraq in 20 years at al-Ahdab in South Iraq.

Maliki visited South Korea in April and secured several major investment deals, and South Asia is viewed as a major source of revenue for Iraqi development.

PS

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum