I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medic Chat 7/22 on Obama/Maliki press conference...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Welcome.
Jul 22 7:26 PM [pokerplayer] CIBC here in Canada
Jul 22 7:26 PM [rusrious] you know what, im going to bed for 3 days,
Jul 22 7:26 PM [rusrious]
Jul 22 7:26 PM [gottabme] Venny, I love you too...
Jul 22 7:27 PM [furydolphin] Let medic dhat
Jul 22 7:27 PM [astrosss] what is dhat
Jul 22 7:27 PM [sfmedic] ok I have info on the press conference that Maliki and Obama had
Jul 22 7:28 PM [sfmedic] since I have a copy of the press conference and also recorded it
Jul 22 7:28 PM [sfmedic] something struck me funny
Jul 22 7:28 PM [sfmedic] that Obama said
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] it was him saying they can now implement the Strategic Framework Agreement
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] the strategic framework agreement is not the sofa agreement
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] Well here is knews for you all
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] news
Jul 22 7:30 PM [sfmedic] and I know most of you do not study like I do every agreement
[sfmedic] but there is only ONE way that the SFA can be implemented
[sfmedic] that is only when Iraq has been removed from Chapter VII
[sfmedic] how do I know this???
[sfmedic] probably because I have written proof
[sfmedic] so I am posting a link for you
[sfmedic] when you go to the link
[sfmedic] you will see about half way down
[sfmedic] it says agreement
[sfmedic] and then click on the strategic framework agreement link
[sfmedic] go to paragraph two
[sfmedic] http://www.cfr.org/publication/17879
[sfmedic] now come back and tell me if I am right or not
[sfmedic] I will wait
[sfmedic] I will wait
[sfmedic] OK NOW
[sfmedic] it was extended
[sfmedic] yes it was
[sfmedic] so how can they implement the SFA
[sykes] i believe they had an extention and they both had to agree to come out of it
[sfmedic] Yes they had the ext
[sfmedic] but they cannot implement the SFA under Chapter VII
[ASYMAN] agreed
[sfmedic] and the ext in not with the US
[sfmedic] it is with the UN
[brl] the only way it can be implemented is if Chapter VII has been lifted!
[sfmedic] yes
[ALANXX11] it talks of iraq having sovreignty
[sfmedic] yes
[sfmedic] I don't give a crap
[know1] Reading through it...Obama basically was reviewing the SFA more than anything in his speach..this part jumped out at me
[ThisWillBe] does it not take the UN to lift it?
[sfmedic] Yes it does
[Astro Guy] sfa ewplaces chap 7
[sfmedic] OMG
[sfmedic] OMG
[sfmedic] OMG
[Astro Guy] replaces
[sfmedic] unbelievable
[extreme] ***********Please give Medic the floor, medic has information**************
[sfmedic] I ask one ?
[sfmedic] I ask one ?
[imwright1] so no IR ?
[sfmedic] and it turns into a micromanage of the entire thing
[sfmedic] I give up for tonight

he claims to have set up a b of a group?? Hmm funny b of a does not know anything about it.

medic chat 7-22-09 7:20P.M.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome.
Jul 22 7:26 PM [pokerplayer] CIBC here in Canada
Jul 22 7:26 PM [rusrious] you know what, im going to bed for 3 days,
Jul 22 7:26 PM [rusrious]
Jul 22 7:26 PM [gottabme] Venny, I love you too...
Jul 22 7:27 PM [furydolphin] Let medic dhat
Jul 22 7:27 PM [astrosss] what is dhat
Jul 22 7:27 PM [sfmedic] ok I have info on the press conference that Maliki and Obama had
Jul 22 7:28 PM [sfmedic] since I have a copy of the press conference and also recorded it
Jul 22 7:28 PM [sfmedic] something struck me funny
Jul 22 7:28 PM [sfmedic] that Obama said
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] it was him saying they can now implement the Strategic Framework Agreement
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] the strategic framework agreement is not the sofa agreement
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] Well here is knews for you all
Jul 22 7:29 PM [sfmedic] news
Jul 22 7:30 PM [sfmedic] and I know most of you do not study like I do every agreement
[sfmedic] but there is only ONE way that the SFA can be implemented
[sfmedic] that is only when Iraq has been removed from Chapter VII
[sfmedic] how do I know this???
[sfmedic] when you go to the link
[sfmedic] you will see about half way down
[sfmedic] it says agreement
[sfmedic] and then click on the strategic framework agreement link
[sfmedic] I will wait
[sfmedic] I will wait
[sfmedic] OK NOW
[sfmedic] it was extended
[sfmedic] yes it was
[sfmedic] so how can they implement the SFA
[sykes] i believe they had an extention and they both had to agree to come out of it
[sfmedic] Yes they had the ext
[sfmedic] but they cannot implement the SFA under Chapter VII
[ASYMAN] agreed
[sfmedic] and the ext in not with the US
[sfmedic] it is with the UN
[brl] the only way it can be implemented is if Chapter VII has been lifted!
[sfmedic] yes
[ALANXX11] it talks of iraq having sovreignty
[sfmedic] yes
[sfmedic] I don't give a crap
[know1] Reading through it...Obama basically was reviewing the SFA more than anything in his speach..this part jumped out at me
[sfmedic] Yes it does
[Astro Guy] sfa ewplaces chap 7
[sfmedic] OMG
[sfmedic] OMG
[sfmedic] OMG
[Astro Guy] replaces
[sfmedic] unbelievable
[extreme] ***********Please give Medic the floor, medic has information**************
[sfmedic] I ask one ?
[sfmedic] I ask one ?
[imwright1] so no IR ?

Sponsored Links

windreader1

This is the paragraph in question. “Recognizing the major and positive developments in Iraq that have taken place subsequent to April 9, 2003; the courage of the Iraqi people in establishing a democratically elected government under a new constitution; and welcoming no later than December 31, 2008, the termination of the Chapter VII authorization for and mandate of the multinational forces in UNSCR 1790; noting that the situation is Iraq is fundamentally different than that which existed when the UN Security Council adopted Resolution 661 in 1990, and in particular that the threat to international peace and security posed by the Government of Iraq no longer exists; and affirming in that regard that Iraq should return by December 31, 2008 to the legal and international standing that it enjoyed prior to the issuance of UNSCR 661;”

1) Nothing in this paragraph states that the activation of the SFA is dependant upon the removal of Chapter VII

2) This paragraph is in the preamble

3) After the preamble, the document states “have agreed to the following:

4) Nothing in the rest of the document states that an agreement was reached that required Chapter VII be terminated prior to the activation of the agreement.

5) The areas that were agreed upon are:
Principles of Cooperation, Political and Diplomatic Cooperation, Defense and Security Cooperation, Cultural Cooperation, Economic and Energy Cooperation, Information Technology and Communication Cooperation, Law Enforcement and Judicial Cooperation, Joint Committees

6) The final section states “This agreement shall enter into force on January 1, 2009, following an exchange of diplomatic notes confirming that the actions by the Parties necessary to bring the Agreement into force in accordance with the respective constitutional procedures in effect in both countries have been completed.“

7) “This agreement shall remain in force unless either Party provides written notice to the other of its intent to terminate this agreement. The termination shall be effective one year after the date of such notification

This agreement has already been activated and is in force. It is not dependent upon the removal of Chapter VII.

This is what was actually said at the press conference and it refers to all the areas in the SFA that were listed above.

OBAMA:
The strategic framework agreement agreed to last year helped lay the groundwork for this progress. America stands ready to help the Iraqi government build their capacity to provide basic services and to promote the rule of law. And together, Americans and Iraqis can expand economic cooperation and trade that opens new doors of opportunity

MALIKI (THROUGH TRANSLATOR):
And we can -- among the things that we can refer to in a positive way is the positive commitment in following up with the commitments that were signed by both sides, either those that are related to the status of forces or those are related to the strategic framework agreement that will govern the relationship in the future. I have discussed today with President Obama about ways in order to activate the strategic relationship on the economic front, cultural front, educational front, commercial front, and in every possible area where the United States can play a role in supporting the Iraqi government and the efforts of the Iraqi government to build a state of law, a state based on constitution and federalism, that works for the -- for the aspiration of its own people using the wealth of that country and that nation. We are about to activate such a strategic framework agreement.

Roxy

Roxy

Nice Work Wind.....Even I can understand now! Very Happy

THANKS WINDREADER!!!!!! for proving once again how black and white facts can be worped out of their true meaning!

Excuse me but this SFA agreement has been around since JANUARY and theres 100's of copy's on the net now!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW it only took 7 MONTHS for medic to find it???? UNreal!!!

67 Warrior

67 Warrior

Thanks wind, you are always numero uno on understanding arablish and Obamaism's..LOLO

azdinar

Medic is such a child he ask for people to reply to his question and when they do he gets mad he takes his marbles and goes home:

[sfmedic] I will wait
[sfmedic] I ask one ?
[sfmedic] Yes it does

My guess he does not understand what the word chat means. So in case he comes looking here. The definition of a Chat: casual friendly talk, to get in to conversation.

Just maybe if DR actually allowed friendly chat they would not be looking for a RV every weekend. JMO

This is almost as bad as a few weeks ago him being surprised that Chapter7 had anything to do with the RV......sure doesn't seem plugged in nearly as much as many perceive ....perhaps he should come here and read.....lol.

I totally agree with WindReader,

> 1) Nothing in this paragraph states that the activation of the SFA is dependant upon the removal of Chapter VII

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum