I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait asks the amount of sixty billion dollars of additional compensation from Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuwait asks the amount of sixty billion dollars of additional compensation from Iraq

Date: Friday 14-08-2009 04:27 pm

Stressed the Permanent Representative of Kuwait to the United Nations, Ambassador Abdullah Ahmed Al-Murad, Kuwait suffered losses due to the aggression of the former Iraqi regime had amounted to almost 60 billion dollars.

This came in a statement to be for the «AP» Saturday night to clarify what was published by newspapers in Kuwait last Tuesday, citing «AP» that Kuwait paid the amount of 60 billion dollars for the reconstruction of Iraq.
Said to be at the end of his meetings with the permanent members of the UN Security Council that there are «confusion» of the topic, stressing that Kuwait suffered the loss amounted to about 60 billion

Dollars by the brutal Iraqi invasion, which lasted 7 months.

The ambassador emphasized that the Security Council to be the only party that have a chapter in the resolution that Iraq sought to reduce the percentage of its contribution to the Compensation Fund from 5 to 1 or 2 per cent.
It was intended that the Commission had approved the compensation of Kuwait, the amount of 24 billion dollars from the fund as compensation for the heavy losses as a result of the brutal Iraqi invasion.

He stressed that Kuwait has yet to receive any amounts of such awards, while the amounts spent by the Commission so far has been to individuals, companies and other governments affected by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

He stressed that Kuwait will abide by any decision taken by the Security Council on the issue of compensation, indicating it is ready to sit down with Iraq under the umbrella of the United Nations to discuss this matter, including consideration of investment projects.

The ambassador said to be that all permanent Security Council members who met with them in the past few days to explain the position of Kuwait's resolutions 833 and 773 on the Kuwaiti-Iraqi borders and the need for maintenance of boundary markers and other matters pending between the two countries, «Kuwait that supported the resolution as 833»

http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl...N5ljPHg8csO3HQ

I am so confused, is this an old article being rehashed? Or do they want ANOTHER $60bill in compensation???

retired2934

retired2934

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum