I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syrian president reaffirms support to Iraq's security, stability

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.chinaview.cn 2009-08-19 06:01:48
DAMASCUS, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad Tuesday reaffirmed support to Iraq's efforts in reaching national reconciliation and sustaining security and stability, the official SANA news agency reported Tuesday.
Al-Assad made the remarks in a meeting with visiting Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, during which the two leaders discussed bilateral relations and mutual cooperation in various fields, including politics, economy and security, said the report.
The leaders also discussed the latest developments in the region, stressing the need for more dialogue and coordination between the two countries.
For his part, Maliki said he appreciated Syria's positive role in supporting stability in Iraq and hoped that his visit will help boost cooperation between the two countries.
The Syrian president said his country supports Iraq in all matters bolstering its security and stability and preserving its territory integrity, according to the report.
Before meeting with President al-Assad, Maliki first held talks with his Syrian counterpart Mohammed Naji Otri, to discuss issues of cooperation on energy, economics, water and trade.
The two sides agreed to establish a high-level strategic cooperation council between Syria and Iraq, chaired by the two countries' prime ministers.
Maliki arrived in Damascus on Tuesday morning, accompanied by Iraqi oil minister, trade minister, minister of water resources as well as top security officials.

Editor: Mu Xuequan
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_11906406.htm

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum