I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Security Council's support we want to stay in Iraq after US withdrawal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Security Council's support we want to stay in Iraq after US withdrawal

May 31 2010

Announced that the United Nations Mission in Iraq, that the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq in the coming period will affect the security on the body's ability to provide protection to its employees in Iraq, while some expressed the hope that the support members of the UN Security Council mission to the survival of the international organization after a US withdrawal. The head of the United Nations Mission Ed Melkert in a report to the UN Security Council in the twenty-fifth of the month of May to discuss the latest developments in Iraq, said that "the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq will affect the body's ability to provide adequate protection for their employees," noting that "processing forces Iraq to protect United Nations staff fully takes some time The Mleckert that "this requires a range of options during the period following the withdrawal of U.S. forces including the development of capabilities of the United Nation's own and greater reliance on internal security forces of Iraq are progressive and seek the support of the United Nations to increase the elements of its contingent in Iraq," noting that b "possible to use some other security expertise.
The U.S. forces in Iraq withdrew by the end of the month of June in 2009 From all Iraqi cities, and handed over the security file, where the Iraqi security apparatus, under the sofa signed between Baghdad and Washington in 2008, and provides terms of the agreement to hand over all military bases of the U.S. military and the NATO mission according to a schedule expires at the end of 2011, The Convention also reduce the number of U.S. forces in the month of August next to some 50 thousand U.S. troops He noted the President of the United Nations Mission in Iraq to "work currently underway to build a new international organization in Baghdad, after presentation by the Iraqi government to provide land and pay an initial contribution of 25 million dollars for 50% of the shares", expressing at the same time hoped to "support the members of the Security Council to continue and represent the United Nations in Iraq after U.S. withdrawal." Melkert emphasized that "the alternative would be to reduce the representation, which will lead to negative consequences at a time when we still have major tasks to achieve in Iraq

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...nqpRB9JR7emYHw

ROFL!!!........so the UN is scared they won't be protected if the USA troops leave? You got to be kidding me!!! Thought the UN had their own "forces"...oh wait those guys get one bullet sent their way and they run home just like the french!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum