I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Security Council January activity

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Security Council January activity Empty Security Council January activity Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 am

windreader1

Summary statement of matters of which the Security Council is seized
Note by the President dated 31 December 2008 (S/2008/847)
Para.4: states that at the end of each year, the Security Council will review the seizure statement in order to determine if the Council has concluded its consideration of any of the listed items, and whether consequently, such items should be subject to deletion from the seizure statement.

Para. 5: states that the preliminary annual summary statement issued in January of each year by the Secretary-General on matters of which the Council is seized will identify the items subject to deletion from the list, subject to the conditions set out in S/2008/847.

The Security Council is expected to review the Summary statement of matters of which the Security Council is seized during January 2010.

There is no activity on Iraq scheduled by the Security Council in January. The only item of interest is the above review. I don't expect it to include anything on Iraq but considering the way the last resolution was issued, it is something to keep an eye on. Windreader1

2Security Council January activity Empty Re: Security Council January activity Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm

doesn't iraq have to "request" it before june 15th?

3Security Council January activity Empty Re: Security Council January activity Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am

windreader1

No, the review of seized items is every resolution that is currently in effect for all countries not just Iraq.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum