I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kurds: “We will form with State of Law and National Coalition more than 200 seats.”

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Flattire

Baghdad, May 11 (AKnews) - The Kurdistan Alliance bloc that won 43 seats in the elections last March said that it will form with the State of Law and the Iraq National Alliance more than 200 seats in the next parliament, stressing that any "veto" against nominating Talabani for the Presidency of the Republic will have no impact.

"The Kurdistan Alliance will form with the State of Law and the Iraqi National Alliance a broad front that consist of more than 200 seats out of 325 seats in the next parliament, and any veto against nominating Jalal Talabani for the Presidency would have no effect from the legal terms,” Member of the Kurdistan Alliance List Adel Barwari said.

Al-Iraqiya List, led by former Prime Minister, Iyad Allawi, demands to assign it to form the next government, according to its electoral right, because it won in the elections according to the article 76 of the Iraqi Constitution, while the coalition of the State of Law and the Iraqi National Alliance insists that the prime minister post is their right, because they are the largest parliamentary bloc in the Parliament.

“State of law and the Iraqi National Coalition announced earlier that Presidency post will be for Jalal Talabani. Al-Iraqiya did not declare that it is with nominating Jalal Talabani for Presidency “.Barwari said.

"All Arab winning blocs know very well that they can’t, and it is not for the Iraqi State interest to exclude the Kurdish role, because without the Kurdish people the next government will not be formed on national unity bases,” he added.

"Any veto from any bloc against nominating Jalal Talabani for Presidency will not affect the legal terms, because the largest number blocs are with nominating Talabani for this post,“ he said.

The results of the elections announced by the Higher Electoral Commission on 26 March showed Al-Iraqiya List progress by gaining 91 seats, followed by the State of Law coal list by 89 seats and the Iraqi National Alliance by 70 seats, while the Kurdistan Alliance gained 43 seats out of the 325-seat Parliament.

Sa/SH.(AKnews)

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/144619/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum