I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Treasury Assistant Secretary Collyns Visits Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

(Media-Newswire.com) - Treasury Assistant Secretary Collyns Visits Iraq

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced that Assistant Secretary for International Finance Charles Collyns visited Baghdad, Iraq June 30 – July 1 and met with senior Iraqi leadership including Deputy Prime Minister Rowsh Shaways, Finance Minister Baqir Jabr Al-Zubaidy, Central Bank Governor Dr. Sinan al-Shabibi, and Iraq National Investment Commission Chairman Dr. Sami al-Araji. In addition, he met with Iraqi business leaders, academics and representatives from the United Nations and the World Bank.

During his visit, Assistant Secretary Collyns discussed the Treasury Department's commitment to a long-term partnership with Iraq based on our shared interests, and expressed condolences to the families and friends of victims of recent bombings at Iraqi financial institutions. He reviewed progress made by Treasury's technical assistance program in areas such as banking, taxation, public financial management and anti-money laundering.

Assistant Secretary Collyns emphasized the importance of implementing prudent macroeconomic policies, promoting development of the private sector and engaging with international financial institutions.

While there, Collyns reviewed with Ambassador Christopher R. Hill and USF-I Commanding General Raymond T. Odierno the transition to a dynamic civilian-led partnership between Iraq and the United States that features close cooperation across a broad range of sectors.

Assistant Secretary Collyns' stop in Baghdad came at the end of a trip that included visits to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

wow that's a who's who type meeting

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum