I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki meets President of the Republic and president of the Kurdistan region in the city of Sulaimaniyah

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki meets President of the Republic and president of the Kurdistan region in the city of Sulaimaniyah

Maliki met the President of Iraqi Kurdistan on the difference on the ground and the oil.
SULAIMANIYA - met Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, Iraq's Kurdistan President Massoud Barzani on Sunday in their first meeting for several months in an effort to resolve the dispute threatening the outbreak of new conflict in Iraq.

Seen on the ground, the conflict between oil and the Maliki government, led by Shiite Arabs and the Kurdish enclave on the northern semi-autonomous that the biggest threat to Iraq's stability at a time, reducing sectarian violence in Iraq, born of civil war.

The footage showed Iraqi television and Al-Maliki and Iraqi President Jalal Talabani - also a Kurd - and they exchange greetings outside the resort near the city of Sulaimaniya, before they begin talks.

Officials did not say on the subject of the talks, but a province of Kirkuk, the disputed oil and will probably up on the agenda.

The Kurds consider Kirkuk - which produced five of Iraq's petroleum production - and the other lands on the borders of Kurdistan, as their project. And want to include the Government of Kurdistan, the rejection of the idea of Arabs and Turkmen in the city, as well as the Baghdad government. The talks come in the wake of parliamentary and presidential elections in Kurdistan last week resulted in the re-election of President Barzani.

اBarzani and re-emphasized its position on the election day that there can be no "compromise" on Kirkuk, and that Iraq should abide by the plan in the Constitution of 2005 a census of the population, then a referendum on the fate of the city.

Baghdad has rejected this and accused the Kurds to move to Kirkuk in large numbers for weighting the outcome of the referendum on their behalf.

On the other sticking points oil agreements signed by the Kurds with foreign companies and Baghdad says it is illegal, despite its agreement to export oil from the rights of Kurdistan, which began in June.

The commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, General Ray Odierno, the weekend of tension between Arabs and Kurds as "the main driver of instability" in Iraq.

(رويترز) (Reuters)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum