I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

UN definition of "recalling all previous relevant resolutions"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

There has been considerable confusion over the phrase “recalling all previous relevant resolutions” that is stated in the Security Council resolutions. There have been some that have claimed that the use of this phrase means that all resolutions have been terminated resulting in the lifting of Chapter VII.

I have argued that the use of the phrase means to “refer to” not “to eliminate”. In an effort to resolve this issue I contacted the United Nations and have discussed this issue with several individuals. The following is the answer that I received regarding the definition of the word “recalling” as used in the context of the Security Council resolutions.

recalling: "with reference to" or "taking into account"; certainly not in the sense of removing or rescinding.

Thanks you mom!!! I about fell over when you told me you were talking by phone to UN departments on this matter....YOU GO MOM!!! way cool

outkastjamz

Thnx Wind....At least you are smart enough to get to the bottom of this...I have emailed them also amd will let all know if they respond....Thnx again

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum