I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Election law will be resolved within two hours

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Election law will be resolved within two hours
Iyad al-Samarrai: election law will be resolved within two hours and everyone agreed on the proposal of compensatory seats

2009-11-08 12:44:11

Parliament Speaker Iyad al-Samarrai, "The heads of political blocs in the meetings continued and that they agreed on the proposal of compensatory seats", adding that "it will be during the next two hours to reach a final agreement on this issue."

This was the proposal had been made by the Arabs and Turkmen, two additional seats to give them a share of the national peer approval of voters to adopt record 2009 in the forthcoming elections in Kirkuk.

Samarrai said in a press conference on Sunday in the House of Representatives that "heads of agreement also guarantees the political blocs to hold elections on schedule and check records for voters for the current year."

It is scheduled to hold the next parliamentary elections in mid-January of next year.

The House of Representatives has postponed several times to vote on the proposed amendments to the electoral law for the failure of the various parties to resolve on the issue of Kirkuk.

http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php?nam...itics&id=17477

OWL

This is great! So thump, do you think the RV is soon to follow?

hope it starts a domino effect for several things to happen Owl.....RV being one of them.

OWL

I'm expecting others feel the same and I only hope it brings SUDDEN movement...as in tomorrow or this coming week! LOL! It seems to me that so much else is already accomplished, so pull the trigger - whoever..just pull the trigger! LOL! I don't want much, just looking to get off this ride asap! Shocked

PEGME

opps, did'nt see it was allready posted sorry

Last edited by PEGME on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : all ready posted)

NP peg....it's all good.....lol

retired2934

retired2934

wait til I see the law passed to starrt celebrating

Imagine my freaking surprise!!!!!!!!

Parliament fails to approve the tenth time in the election law and postpone its today

بتاريخ : ا On: Sat, 07-11-2009 08:53 evening

Baghdad / term
بعد. After its delayed for two hours in hopes to reach a deliberative session with a quorum of the meeting of the Chamber of Deputies failed for the tenth time to pass the election law and out of the crisis may delay elections will be established for another six months, and the different views of the deputies on the approval of the law and the concession of the parties on the province of Kirkuk particular.

في. The United Nations said in Iraq that it is time that correspond to the political blocs in order to establish the law of the controversial elections, noting that the proposed law is about the internationalist balanced. ودا. The Ed Mlkrt United Nations representative to Iraq said Saturday that the date for the election is soon and the time of the adoption law is very low. "هاره". Mlkrt and expressed the hope that "Different is compatible with the proposal about the new election law, especially Kirkuk," adding that "this proposal must be balanced consensus for adoption." ام 2009. The new proposal on the province of Kirkuk be all-encompassing proposals, including the elimination of the quota system, as well as seats reserved for Arabs and Turkmen, while the latter adheres to this requirement, and includes holding the elections according to the records of 2009. و. The UN is proposing the holding of elections in the province on schedule and rely on the voter register for 2009 and the formation of a committee to check the registry, found that the invalidity of any province voters register 15% elections shall be held in that province, with two supplementary grant to the Arabs and Turkmen in Kirkuk and the Kurds in the seat Nineveh province. ". "We found pressing by the political blocs that ends the subject of the resolution of the election law yesterday," support way to say "the United Nations to support any proposal that is agreed upon by Iraqi politicians, but to interfere in it." وأ". Mlkrt He pointed out that "the United States emphasizes the legislative elections on the scheduled date and wish to not appear new obstacles may delay the resolution of the matter and therefore influence the election and the political process in Iraq." و 2010. Can affect postponement of the elections in the United States military plans on the process of withdrawal of U.S. forces in 2010. و. The Iraqi parliament has held its last night to vote on the proposed new special issue of Kirkuk. واه الأ. The Chairman of the Parliament meeting by asking questions of the Legal Committee to express their opinion regarding the vote on the proposed new or not to vote on it. ". The head of the Legal Committee Baha Araji, a member of parliament from the coalition, according to the National Iraqi News Agency Kurdistan (AKnews) yesterday, "We hold the Presidency of responsibility in the case not to vote on the new proposal." وأ". The Araji "can not delay until tomorrow, or after, and they should vote and wants to vote in favor of the proposed Vlisot and want to reverse that Vlisot rejected." من. For his part, MP Hassan Shammari the head of the Virtue "We heard that the new proposal is rejected by the Arabs and Turkmen," and this means that we are hearing from us to no avail. ط. He called on the heads of blocs Shammari, including the Kurdistan Alliance bloc to "the need to give a final opinion in this regard." ". As a member of the Kurdistan Alliance Mahmoud Othman explained that "the new proposal is accepted by the Kurdistan Alliance bloc, especially as he canceled the principle of quotas." ولح". Osman did not deny the existence of fear by some who "probably would reject the proposal or who will withdraw the quorum for the purpose of prejudice and are not even able to vote on the proposal."

http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DYa5

It passed

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573009,00.html?test=latestnews

Bagdad —  Iraq's parliament passed a long-delayed election law on Sunday, making the way for a national election in January.

Lawmakers overcame disagreements over the disputed city of Kirkuk to pass the measure, a lawmaker told Reuters.

The key hurdle to the law's passage had been how to apportion votes in the oil-rich city — a city claimed by both Arabs and Kurds — in the world's 11th largest oil producing nation.

The issue has been especially worrying because if the election law had not passed soon, it would have delayed the Jan. 16 election and U.S. plans to withdraw their forces.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Last edited by timepiece on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting issue)

Thnx timepiece!!!!!!!!......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum