I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq seeks investment of the Arab countries

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Iraq seeks investment of the Arab countries
Thursday, March 25th 2010 8:03 AM

Baghdad, March 25 (AKnews) - The Iraqi Trade Minister Safaa Al-Din Al-Safi called the Arab trade, finance and economy ministers to increase their investment in Iraq and their trade exchanges since Iraq is a vital country and consumes a lot of different materials.

"I met with a number of Arab ministers to urge them to invest and increase their trade exchange in Iraq which approved all the resolutions adopted at the Economic and Social Council to submit it to the heads and leaders of the Arab countries. These decisions includes the electric linking, assessment of the exploitation of natural gas for electricity export and accelerating the implementation of the study. " Al-Safi said ,at the conclusion of the Arab Economic and Social meeting held in Sart on the sidelines of the Arab Summit, to the Independent National News Agency of Kurdistan (AKnews).

"The Council praised the efforts made by the Arab Transport Ministers council to facilitate the implementation of the rail connection, particularly in introducing the mechanisms and systems for financing the infrastructure projects in partnership between the public and private sectors in order to provide the necessary requirements for the Arab countries to take advantage of those mechanisms and regulations," Al-Safi added.

"Arab countries have agreed to call for the completion of the Greater Arab Free Trade project ...and the draft resolution calls on the Arab countries to expedite the completion of the requirements for the establishment of the Arab Customs Union to implement the resolutions of Arab summits in this regard and take the necessary legal procedures in Arab countries to harmonize laws, regulations and trade policies. "

"The meeting also discussed the project of introducing the Arabic language in the WTO ... and the ministers referred it to the preparatory meeting of Foreign Ministers for the Arab summit to take the appropriate decision about it especially about the permanent financial commitment to fund it.
Rn/gs AKnews

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum