I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maliki confirmed during his meeting with U.S. ambassador to the importance of activating the strategic framework agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maliki confirmed during his meeting with U.S. ambassador to the importance of activating the strategic framework agreement

2010/08/19 15:02:35 19/08/2010 15:02:35

BAGHDAD (AP) - Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki during a meeting with new U.S. ambassador in Iraq, James Jeffrey, the importance of activating the strategic framework agreement in all areas, including Iezzalalaqat common.

A statement from the prime minister, Maliki received his official office on Thursday, U.S. ambassador of the new James Jeffrey, on the occasion of assuming his duties in Baghdad, and stressed the importance of develop relations between Iraq and the United States, and activating the strategic framework agreement in all areas including Iezzalalaqat common.

The statement added that the meeting has discussed the developments of the political process and the ongoing efforts to form a government of national partnership.

The new U.S. ambassador to his country's position in support of the political process and democracy in Iraq, and political forces in its quest to form the Iraqi government, according to the statement. / /

HOW many times do they need to "activate" this dang thing?????????

windreader1

The following is an excerpt from a press conference regarding Iraq that was posted on the U.S Department of State website. I have posted the link if anyone wants to read the entire article. Windreader1

U.S. Transition in Iraq

Michael Corbin
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs
Colin Kahl, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Middle East Affairs
Washington, DC
August 16, 2010

Our civilian engagement continued and continues today. My boss, Jeff Feltman, is in Iraq right now. The Vice President has continued to visit Iraq to show that there is an important civilian component to our interactions. And we coordinate with the military very closely on all levels of that. But we have something called the Strategic Framework Agreement, which provides – which was signed at the same time as the security agreement, which provides a framework for traditional bilateral cooperation, as we have with many of our partners and allies around the world.

This security framework agreement has a component in it for security. Right now, that security component is being discussed in the security agreement, where we have joint committees and we have working groups led by the U.S. military with the Iraqi security forces. But we envisage, as part of the Strategic Framework Agreement, security will be one of the subjects that we will discuss, as we discuss with all our partners and allies in the region.

Right now, the committees that are formed and are working include education, electricity and – economy and services. There’s a cultural committee that hasn’t met formally at the top, but has had working groups meeting. These types of committees continue to meet even after the elections and they’re an opportunity for our technocrats to get together with Iraqi technocrats and work together on an important concept in this bilateral cooperation. That is, the Iraqis need to present to us, in civilian channels, what their objectives and priorities are, and we have to be able to answer in that forum what – or in those different committees what we’re able to help them, in terms of technical assistance, according to their list of priorities. And this is a part of what we have in a number of traditional bilateral relationships around the region, and we’re just fleshing this out now as we go.

Of course, when we have a government formed, we’ll be able to move forward with the Strategic Framework Agreement, which is a subject we hear a lot about by the Iraqis. And all the different political parties to some degree are very keen on developing this political partnership with the United States. It’s a sign of our commitment, it’s a signed document, it was passed by the Council of Representatives, and it’s very important to the Iraqis.

http://www.state.gov/p/nea/rls/rm/146027.htm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Thanks Wind.....hadn't thought about the SFA for awhile.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum