I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNAMI Dangerous goods vendor form-Dated Jan 9th

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

Copied and pasted here, but it's much easier to read when you open the PDF...not really sure what it means..maybe they are going to start allowing weapons shipments to resume? dunno, maybe Wind can comment.

http://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/pdf/eoi7357.pdf

This notice is placed on behalf of UNAMI. United Nations Procurement Division (UNPD) cannot
provide any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of
contents of furnished information; and is unable to answer any enquiries regarding this EOI. You
are therefore requested to direct all your queries to UNAMI using the fax number provided below.
Title of the EOI:
Customs clearance, freight forwarding services, dangerous goods handling of UNAMI shipments at Air and
Sea Ports of Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq, all locations, including Overland Transportation Services
Date of this EOI: 9 January 2012 Closing Date for Receipt of EOI : 25 January 2012
EOI Number: EOIUNAMI7357 E-mail Address: unami-eoi@un.org
Address EOI response by fax for the Attention of: Chief Procurement Officer - Unami
Fax Number: +965 2472 1899
UNCCS Code: 712100
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS
1) The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) has a requirement of “as and when required
basis” to obtain the services of a Customs Clearance, Freight Forwarding Services, Dangerous Goods
Handling of UNAMI Shipments at Air and Sea Ports of Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq, all locations Including
Overland Transportation Services of United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) and Contingent Owned
Equipment (COE), weapons and ammunition
a) The requirement can be divided into following categories:
• Sea container 20ft not more than 17,000 kg
• Sea container 40ft not more than 34,000 kg
• 20' Truck loose load
• 40' Truck loose load
• Vehicle light upto 2,500 kg
• Vehicle medium upto 6,000 kg
• Vehicle heavy upto 13,000 kg
• General Cargo (Parcel, Box, Carton)
• General Cargo (EURO Pallets, Crate)
b) UNAMI is looking for certified and recognized contractors in Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq engaged in the
documentation and packaging of dangerous goods and weapons in accordance with current international
and local regulations
c) The duration of the contact is for One (1) year, but UN shall have the option of extension for
additional four (4) years, one year at a time, under the same terms and conditions subject to satisfactory
performance of the contractor, availability of funds and continuation of UNAMI mandates.
United Nations Nations Unies
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq - UNAMI
KUWAIT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
d) In addition, the transportation of UNOE and COE from locations within Iraq to other specific locations
in Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq (as below)
• IZ Baghdad
• BIAP Baghdad
• Erbil
• Kirkuk
• Mosul
• Basrah
• Najaf
• Ramadi
2) Please note the following:
a) This EOI is not an invitation for submission of a proposal.
b) UNAMI reserves the right in selecting invitees for the competitive bidding based on substantial and
proven records of performance in the subject field of activities and mere expressing an interest would not
automatically warrant for Request for Proposal (RFP) document.
c) UNAMI reserves the right to reject EOIs received after the above deadline.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS / INFORMATION (IF ANY)
i. Preference will be given to vendors having several years’ of experience in the similar field of work as
outlined above.
ii. For further information UNAMI will undertake a competitive bidding exercise shortly, and accordingly
would issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) to those companies who would express their interest and
provide initial relevant information as to their ability to fulfill UNAMI’s requirement. The solicitation will be
based on a detailed Statement of Requirement, UN General Conditions of Contracts and other related
documents which will be provided by UNAMI to all companies who respond to this EOI and qualify for the
tender.
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS / INFORMATION:
a) Below are the mandatory requirement:
i) The contractor must:
• be able to gain or hold approval for contractor’s personnel, vehicles and equipment to gain access/
enter UNAMI Facilities located in Iraq as well as provide customs clearance services for all shipments
imported/exported by air (commercially or by UN air transport) at the Iraqi airports. This is currently but not
limited to:
- Baghdad Baghdad Airport Camp Victory
- Kirkuk Kirkuk Airport FOB Warrior
- Mosul Mosul Airport FOB Marez
- Basrah Basra Airport Basra Air Station
- Najaf Najaf Airport FOB Endeavor
- Ramadi Ramadi Airport FOB Ramadi
- Erbil Erbil Airport
• have IATA Certification and company experience in Dangerous Goods (including weapons)
handling and transport by air, sea and road in Jordan, Kuwait and Iraq, including and/or be able to employ
and/or sub-contract such personnel/service required to correctly package, document and dispatch
ammunition and weapons
• capability to operate in austere and post-war conditions and in areas where the security threat is
classified by as low, medium and high
• hold be ISO 14000 and ISO 9001 certified
• be able to provide customs clearance services for all shipments imported/exported by air
(commercially or by UN air transport) at the Iraqi airports.
ii) have an extensive internal logistics network to support their international operations other than the
locations which are mandatory
iii) be capable of providing or subcontracting freight forwarding, handling and clearances services on a
worldwide basis
iv) demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing operational requirements as and when these become
known
v) have the capability to track the progress and advise the location and status of all UNAMI shipments
every 24 hours
vi) be able to respond to the service task order within 2 working days and commence the specified
task within 7 days of acceptance
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to meet and/or confirm compliance with any of the above Mandatory Criteria
shall result in automatic disqualification from the tender.
b) The vendor should have minimum of 3 years proven experience in the above mentioned field.
c) Duly completed UNAMI or UNPD / UNGM Vendor Registration formalities.
d) Duly completed and signed Pre-qualification Questionnaire as detailed below:
PRE-QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE
I. COMPANY DETAILS:
I.1 - Name of company:
I.2 - Address/Postal Code/City/Country:
I.3 - Telephone/Mobile/Facsimile:
I.4 - E-mail:
I.5 - Website:
I.6 - Number of employees:
I.7 - Year of establishment:
I.8 - Authorized Representative(s) (Name/Title):
II. QUESTIONS:
II.1 - Does your company comply with all the Mandatory Criteria? (………)YES / (………) NO
II.2 - Does your company have necessary registration, legal documentation, approval, and licenses to
operate and perform works detailed above in the territory indicated above?
NOTE
Information on tendering for the UN Procurement System is available free of charge at the following
address: http://www.ungm.org/Notices/Notices.aspx
Only the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) has been authorized to collect a nominal fee from
vendors that wish to receive automatically Procurement Notices or Expression Of Interest. Please
subscribe to http://www.ungm.org/Registration/Login.aspx
Vendors interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should complete the Vendor
Response Form of this EOI and fax it to +965 2472 1899 before the closing date set forth above
II.3 How many years of experience does your Company have in the field as outlined above: …….. (years)
II.4 - Reference to current or previous agreements for similar services with International Organizations,
including the United Nations, private or state institutions. Please provide name of Organization, Telephone
Numbers and Contact person details. (3 or more preferred).
II.5 - Is your company duly althorized and registered to operate legally in Iraq as a:
II.5.1 - Manufacturer?
II.5.2 - Authorized Distributor?
II.5.3 - Supplier?
II.5.4 - Service Center?
II.5.5 – Other ?……………………………….……….(Please specify)
II.6 - Quality Certification: (ISO or equiv. Name) …………..…..…. Expires On : ………….…..(dd/mm/yyyy)
I certify the accuracy of the above mentioned information. I recognize the right reserved by UNAMI to verify
with the listed firms/organizations the accuracy of any information submitted in response to the above
mentioned questionnaire or otherwise submitted to UNAMI. I further authorize UNAMI to disqualify the firm I
represent from the competition in the event that any of the above information is found to be false, erroneous
or ambiguous.
Place: ………………………………………… Date: …………………..
Authorized representative:………………………………………………………….
(Name & Designation)
Signature: …………………………………………………….
Important Note: This questionnaire will not be valid unless signed by authorized representative
(end of questionnaire)
VEND
ORS RESPONSE FORM
To be filled by the Vendor (All fields marked with an ‘*’ are mandatory)
COMPANY INFORMATION
UN Global Market Place (UNGM) Vendor ID Number*:
Company Name *:
Company Contact *:
Address *:
City *:
Country *:
Telephone Number *:
Fax Number *:
Email Address:
Company Website:
We declare that our company fully meets the prerequisites A, B, C, D and E, for eligibility to register with the
United Nations as outlined in the paragraph 1 of the EOI INSTRUCTIONS page.
Signature:_________________________________ Date:_______________________
Name and Title:_____________________________
** If not already registered with UNGM, please use the following URL to register at United Nations
Global Marketplace (UNGM): www.ungm.org. Registration at UNGM is free and mandatory for
responding to this EOI. The following information is available about the registration process.
VENDOR RESPONSE FORM
EOI Number: EOIUNAMI7357
TO: Chief Procurement Officer - Unami
FAX: +965 2472 1899
SUBJECT:
Customs clearance, freight forwarding services, dangerous goods handling of UNAMI
shipments at Air and Sea Ports of Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq, all locations, including Overland
Transportation Services
1) Registering as a Vendor with UNGM
Vendors interested in fulfilling the requirement described above must be registered with UNGM and
may wish to visit www.ungm.org for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate
in any solicitation. Information on the registration process can be obtained from the Mission
concerned.
Prerequisites for Eligibility
In order to be eligible for UN registration, you must declare that:
A. Your company (both parent and/or subsidiaries, if applicable) is not on, or associated with a
company or individual on The 1267 List website
(www.un.org/sc/committees/1267/consolist.shtml) and is not on the IIC Oil for Food List website
(www.iic-offp.org).
B. Your company (both parent and/or subsidiaries, if applicable) is not currently removed,
invalidated or suspended by the UN Headquarters, field missions or other UN organizations
(including the World Bank) and is not under investigation by a government or UN Member State.
C. You have no outstanding bankruptcy, judgment or pending legal action that could impair
operating as a going concern.
D. You currently do not employ, or anticipate employing, any person(s) who is or was recently
employed by the UN (in accordance with ST/SGB/2006/15, post-employment restrictions
(www.un.org/depts/ptd/pdf/conduct_english.pdf).
E. Your subsidiaries, agents, intermediaries and principals agree to cooperate with the United
Nations Office of Internal Oversight Service during any investigative processes undertaken by them,
either before during or after execution of a contract, including providing all required documents,
company records, access to employees, officers and staff, as well as financial information.
For Registered Vendors: Vendors already registered must ensure that the information and
documentation (e.g., financial statements, address, contact name, etc.) provided in connection with
their registration are up to date in UNGM.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any false, incomplete or defective vendor registration may result in the
rejection of the application or cancellation of an already existing registration.
2) EOI Process
Vendors interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should forward their expression
of interest (EOI) to United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq - UNAMI by the closing date set
forth in this EOI. Due to the high volume of communications United Nations Assistance Mission for
Iraq - UNAMI is not in a position to issue confirmation of receipt of EOIs.
Please note that no further details of the planned solicitation can be made available to the vendors
prior to issuance of the solicitation documents.
EOI INSTRUCTIONS

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum