I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alkmerket tariff act by Bremer establishes tax on all imported goods with a value of 5 per cent

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/251680/

Iraqi trade awarded 299 during the month of June leave import

Baghdad, July 13 (aknews) –

the Iraqi Trade Ministry said Wednesday it had awarded 299 import different goods leave established during the month of June, in exchange for granting the export leave 67.

Foreign goods poured into the Iraqi market after the lifting of the embargo following the fall of the former regime in 2003, and became President consumer markets in the Middle East.

Director of exhibitions and corporate Sadiq Sultan Kurdistan News (aknews) that "the Department of Commerce granted during the last month to import leave 299 support goods imported into the country."

"The Ministry granted 67 export leave, including agricultural products and the chemical and refinery sulphur for export out of the country with the aim of encouraging local industries."

He Sultan that "work is continuing to finish the preparations necessary to convene the Baghdad international fair, 38th session, which will see the shares for a large number of countries in the world."

Dramatically Iraq attests in productive sectors, especially industry and agriculture as a result of long years of embargo and sanctions, in addition to the consumption of imported goods dominated the domestic production of the commodity in the market after dumping various goods from many origins.

Economists say that the reality of productive industrial projects in Iraq decline according to studies by 66% for the years prior to 2003 due to the influx of foreign goods to the markets of the country.

They also emphasized that the factories in Iraq caused decline disable more than 13,000 workers which frustrated the Government sought to convert the Iraqi economy to the free market economy.

Reports of non-governmental organizations concerned with the economic aspect that Iraq lost since four years more than 180 billion dollars because of its dependence on imported goods as a result of the decline in local industry.

It is hoped to start Iraq apply new alkmerket tariff law this month after postponing its application in March for political reasons.

According to the Government, the new law will abolish some taxes by overseer Paul Bremer on some consumer goods, adding to the decline in the prices of consumer goods.

Alkmerket tariff act by Bremer establishes tax on all imported goods with a value of 5 per cent.

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

importing so much they NEED a currency with "buying" power...unlike say China who benefits from artificially undervaluing their currency due to exporting nearly everything.

windreader1

Believe the new tariffs go into effect July 16.

gente

gente

Panhead wrote:importing so much they NEED a currency with "buying" power...unlike say China who benefits from artificially undervaluing their currency due to exporting nearly everything.

Couldn't they just work out the import taxes and trade in petrodollars? I'm not sure either, but it seems like they would have to do something soon to move the economy forward..

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

petrodollars is presently USD....this dates back to Kissinger agreement with the Saudi's back in the 70's.
This is another reason why we focus on the world economy and who's bailing who out......

gente

gente

Panhead wrote:petrodollars is presently USD....this dates back to Kissinger agreement with the Saudi's back in the 70's.
This is another reason why we focus on the world economy and who's bailing who out......

I understand that Pan, i was just commenting on the fact that I don't think they would have to RV to start collecting import taxes...but I could be wrong

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

gente wrote:
Panhead wrote:petrodollars is presently USD....this dates back to Kissinger agreement with the Saudi's back in the 70's.

I understand that Pan, i was just commenting on the fact that I don't think they would have to RV to start collecting import taxes...but I could be wrong

my bad....lol.....long day bud.....

gente

gente

Panhead wrote:
gente wrote:

my bad....lol.....long day bud.....

no worries pal

MrsCK

gente wrote:

Agree, they don't need to RV to collect tax's, they have been collecting some tax's the last few years with no RV.

What would be easier on them for import/export is to have lets say the France buys socks from Iraq, instead of france changing their currency to dollar, then iraq takes the payment and turns it into dinars to pay the works that make the socks. But if france could just pay iraq in france currency...then the middle man (US dollar) would be taken out of the picture.

That is what the BRIC countries are doing now...they took out the middle man (USA dollar) between them.

MrsCK

windreader1 wrote:Believe the new tariffs go into effect July 16.

Anybody got a article on this? Someone told me July 15th it starts..and we got a bunch of stuff stopping and starting on the 15th world wide.

DUH go into effect the 16, stop on the 15th...never mind got it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum